1.    Covid-19.

1.    Brexit

2.    Driving Licence. 2


2.   Brexit


The transition period is now finished.

For more information you can go on these websites

-        https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas

-        https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil.html

-        https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-paris

-        https://www.gov.uk/world/living-in-france

3.   Driving Licence

If your UK driving licence was issued before 1 January 2021 or if you have a CARTE DE SEJOUR

Your UK licence is recognised in France for as long as it is valid. Paper licences are usually valid until you are 70. For plastic photocard licences, the expiry date is on the front. Check the expiry date.

If your UK licence has expired, or has less than 6 months’ validity remaining, you must exchange it for a French licence. You do not need to take a driving test. After you have applied you will receive your ‘attestation de dépôt sécurisée’. You can use this document to drive in France until you receive your new licence.

You can only exchange your licence if it is due to expire within 6 months. If you do not have a valid reason to request an exchange, your application will be rejected.

If you need to exchange your UK licence, apply online with the Agence Nationale des Titres Sécurisés (ANTS).

If you come to France with a long stay visa

Your UK licence is recognised for 1 year. If you intend to stay in France for longer than 1 year, you must exchange your UK licence for a French licence during this first year. You do not need to take a driving test.